Strengthen Your Social Strategy: Harness trends to build rock-solid marketing. Presented by Kristen Ferrer, mdg director of digital
Attendee Acquisition Roundtable (AAR)
October 25, 2018 | 1:00 PM to 2:15 PM
City Club of Washington
555 13th St NW
Social media continues to rapidly evolve in the digital landscape. In 2018, the world adapted to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and we now have to obtain explicit opt-in consent from our customers in order to market to them. We saw a widespread and significant breach in trust with social media users. In addition, consumers in North America and Europe seem to be leaving social media as millennials mature and at the same time, Gen Zers are moving to video-first consumption. Where does that leave us?
In this session, you’ll learn how to flex your social strategy muscles from mdg’s Director of Digital, Kristen Ferrer, as she presents the agency’s final Get F.I.T. (Fully Integrated Training) boot camp of the year. Leave armed with the tools to:
- Craft an informed social media strategy for your events that acknowledges and addresses the current landscape
- Adjust to limitations due to GDPR and come out ahead using personalization
- Select the appropriate social tactics to increase event attendance, including best practices for the next generation of channels and tools
- Analyze and optimize along the way in order to make data-driven decisions
- Social media is still worth our efforts, but we must adapt in order to achieve our attendee acquisition goals.
- With strategic recommendations, you can implement next-generation social media marketing for attendee acquisition.